Because when it comes to selling your home, first impressions are everything and in this case, what’s on the outside is just as important as what’s on the inside!
Here are some simple ways to up your home’s curb appeal:
- Give your home a fresh paint job: Put yourself in the buyer’s shoes. Does your home need a fresh coat of paint on the trim or a whole new look altogether? Either way, a little paint goes a long way.
- Make the front door pop by adding color: The front door is the focal point and entry way of your home. Make a statement by giving your front door a colorful makeover. While you’re at it, a new, cheery welcome mat is also a great addition.
- Spruce up your house numbers: Add personality to your home with modern house numbers that are both easy to see and harmonious to the home’s theme.
- Tidy the yard: After a long winter, there are probably a large number of leaves and sticks claiming your entire yard. Ensure that your lawn is tidy before showings and that you have a clean and open walkway for potential buyers.
- Add symmetry: Adding symmetry to your entry way is an easy way to visually please potential buyers. Add matching light fixtures or potted plants outside your front door to give your home that “put together” look.
- Install outdoor lighting: Adding solar light fixtures to your home’s walkway is a great, cost-efficient way to add that instant curb appeal you’re looking for! They are inexpensive and also help to highlight your home’s best attributes.
- Makeover your mailbox: Sprucing up your mailbox is another great way to show off your home’s personality. Try swapping out your old, tired wooden post for brick or a surrounding flower bed.
- Clean or replace your roof: Is your roof in rough shape after years of weather damage and neglect? Try giving it a good cleaning or, if necessary, replace the roof with more modern shingles to make your home look new again.